Files Shared Here Are For Preview Purposes Only and Should Be Deleted Within 24 Hours of Download. Copyright of the materials belongs to the original artists and labels.
Whenever Possible You are Encouraged to Support The Artists and Buy Their Works.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Shostakovich - Symphony No.7 'Leningrad' - Alexander Dmitriev (30.06.2012 - Live - St.Petersburg) FLAC

Alexander Dmitriev

Shostakovich - Symphony No.7

St.Petersburg Symphonic Orchestra,
Alexander Dmitriev, conductor

Grand Hall of St.Petersburg Philharmonic, Live, 30.06.2012

Radio Petersburg

-----------------------
Концерт посвящён 70-летию премьеры 7-й симфонии Дмитрия Шостаковича в блокированном Ленинграде (9 августа 1942 года).
Исполнение дирижёром Александром Дмитриевым велось по блокадной партитуре, предосталенной Радио Петербург, с отметками Карла Элиасберга.

Премьеры 7-й симфонии Дмитрия Шостаковича:
05.03.1942 - Премьера в Куйбышеве - Оркестр Большого театра, дирижёр Самуил Самосуд;
29.03.1942 - Премьера в Москве - дирижёр Самуил Самосуд.

Английский дирижёр Генри Вуд вспоминал: "22 июня 1942 года я имел честь дирижировать 7-й симфонией вашего знаменитого Шостаковича. Это исполнение передавалось по радио на весь мир.
Публика и пресса с энтузиазмом встретила её. Я чрезвычайно рад, что принял участие в этом важном событии."

А 19 июля 1942 года симфония была сыграна под управлением Артуро Тосканини оркестром Национальной радиовещательной корпорации.
Только в США во время сезона 1942-43 годов симфонию исполнили 62 раза. В перечне дирижёров имена Леопольда Стоковского, Юджина Орманди Пьера Монте, Сергея Кусевицкого, Дмитрия Митропулоса.
----------------------
The concert is dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the premiere of the 7th Symphony Dmitri Shostakovich in blockaded Leningrad (August 9, 1942).
Execution of conductor Alexander Dmitriev was carried out on the blockade of the score provided by the Radio Petersburg, with notes of Karl Eliasberg.

Premiers of the 7th Symphony Dmitri Shostakovich:

05/03/1942 - Premiere in Kuibyshev - Bolshoi Theatre Orchestra, conducted by Samuel Lynching;
3/29/1942 - Premiere in Moscow - Conductor Samuel Lynching.

English conductor Henry Wood recalled, "June 22, 1942 I had the honor of conducting the 7th symphony of Shostakovich's your famous. This version is transmitted by radio to the whole world.
The public and the press enthusiastically welcomed it. I am extremely pleased that he took part in this important event. "

A July 19, 1942 Symphony was played under the control of Arturo Toscanini Orchestra of the National Broadcasting Corporation.
Only in the U.S. during the 1942-43 season, the symphony performed 62 times. The list of names of conductors Leopold Stokowski, Eugene Ormandy Pierre Monteux, Sergei Koussevitzky, Mitropoulos Dmitri.

11 comments:

  1. http://narod.ru/disk/57871189001.156614dfec3fb9fc4b20f6aad1ed9167/Shostakovich.Symphony_No.7-A.Dmitriev(30.06.2012-Live-St.Petersburg)(flac).rar.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful performance!! Dmitriev really does an excellent job shaping the music and, as a result, one can hear the complex contrapuntal structures of this mighty symphony. For me, the real test of this symphony is the "Adagio" 3rd movement and while Dmitriev handles it fine, he does not raise it to the level achieved by Temirkanov in his 1996 recording with the St Petersburgh. Temirkanov's recording is my favorite, but Dmitriev's is very thoughtful, interesting, and he DOES have something to say about the symphony. There are many wonderful passages here that I kept replaying.

    Thank you so much for posting this (and everything else, too!)

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Duddy Kravitz,

      I am very glad to see you. I totally agree with you. For my favorite performances are the Eliasberg and Mravinsky, and from overseas - Paavo Berglund.

      best,
      Nikolay

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard the Berglund performance, but I will listen to it.

    Also, in your information about the Shostakovich 7th you refer to conductors who performed this symphony, including Serge Koussevitzky. Do you happen to know if there is a recording of Koussevitzky conducting the 7th symphony? I would really love to hear that performance, if it exists. I know that at least one time in 1942 Kousevitzky conducted the Shostakovich 7th at the Tanglewood Music Festival to raise money for the Russian War Relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems there is no such record:
      http://www.envi.osakafu-u.ac.jp/develp/staff/kudo/dsch/work/sym7e.html

      http://www.koussevitzky.com/Html/BSO-SK-Live-Works.htm

      Delete
    2. I do not remember where to download? I give the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0frw5mg0pg8rs2e
      Again, listened to the first part.

      Delete
    3. + CD2 - Shostakovich.Sym.11-Berglund:
      http://www.mediafire.com/?rcgffg5v791zllo

      Delete
  5. Thank you very much! You are very kind to provide these link for me! I will listen and let you know what I think.

    Also, please let me thank you with this recording of Valery Gergiev conducting the Boston Symphony Orchestra in a live performance of Shostakovich 7th Symphony played in Symphony Hall, Boston. This was recorded live from the radio broadcast. It is not otherwise available. ENJOY!

    1st movement
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rsq4sdsymvmbr7j

    2nd movement
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nihm15a6xabwbx5

    3rd movement
    http://www.mediafire.com/?te611o10adaghfz

    4th movement
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ysmj629dp49053u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance the Gergiev Shostakovich 7/BSO performance could be re-uploaded?

      Thank you!

      Delete