Leonard Bernstein in Leningrad
1. Beethoven - Egmont, overture, Opus 84
2. Brahms - Symphony No.1
3. Bernstein - Symphony No. 2, The Age of Anxiety, (after W. H. Auden) for Piano and Orchestra
Seymour Lipkin, piano (3)
New York Philharmonic
Leonard Bernstein, conductor
Grand Hall of Leningrad Philharmonic, Live, 28.08.1959
Radio Petersburg
------------------------

http://narod.ru/disk/43632551001.a8a2c98d76e40bd8b94cc36143e5321d/Leonard_Bernstein(28.08.1959-Live-Leningrad)2(flac).rar.html
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mediafire.com/?z9y8y4thj9b7a41,07i990326tt45nb
ReplyDeleteThe Brahms --and especially the ending -- is sensational! What a shame that the sound is so heavily compressed. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome concert!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, dear Panovnik.
Dear Guido,
DeleteThank you for your comments and thank you very much for your interesting and wonderful uploads.
best,
Nikolay
Big surprise! Thank you very much, Panovnik, for this superb post!
ReplyDeleteHaving heard this several more times since my prior commment, I have to ask -- any chance you have any other concerts from the same Bernstein/NYP tour? If they're anywhere as amazing as this one I'd sure love to hear them!
ReplyDelete您的BLOG 我每天都會來訪,是我享受音樂的大糧倉。
ReplyDelete非常感謝您的付出。
Great! Many thanks for this gem.
ReplyDeletethank you for all of your concerts that you post.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks
do you have any live golovanov-russias greatest conductor
thanks,
george
Thanks dear Panovnik. I have the concert in Salzburg. This concert in Leningrad it's similar. I love that.
ReplyDeleteThanks.