Yehudi Menuhin in Leningrad
01. Bach, J.S. Unaccompanied Partita #3 - Praeludium
02. Bartok - Violin Concerto No.2
03. Brahms - Violin Concerto
Yehudi Menuhin, violin
Leningrad Symphony Orchestra,
Eduard Grikurov - conductor
Grand Hall of Leningrad Philharmonic, Live, 12.11.1962
---------------------
Radio St.Petersburg
01. Bach, J.S. Unaccompanied Partita #3 - Praeludium
02. Bartok - Violin Concerto No.2
03. Brahms - Violin Concerto
Yehudi Menuhin, violin
Leningrad Symphony Orchestra,
Eduard Grikurov - conductor
Grand Hall of Leningrad Philharmonic, Live, 12.11.1962
---------------------
Radio St.Petersburg


http://zalivalka.ru/172542
ReplyDeletehttps://yadi.sk/mail/?hash=3cIcxZe5gUv48HaaM9WJ2e522WFhiZKkG0HRVYlzX6s%3D
ETERNALLY THANKFUL for this material, Panovnik!!! I am very fond of Menuhin. My parents had a close relationship with him and family when we were living in the UK. I am looking for a video of him, Postnikova and a young cellist playing Tchaikovsky's Op. 50. I saw it once on TV in Buenos Aires and didn't record it. It's in color. Showed moments with Menuhin and Rozhdestvensky discussing what they were to play. If you can find something, please let me know.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this treasure!
Rare photos of the concerts in Leningrad:
Deletehttp://photoarchive.spb.ru/generalSearch.do?attribute=2500051207&condition=12&dictionaryValue=&textValue=%D0%9C%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8%D0%BD&attribute=2503178571&condition=12&dictionaryValue=&textValue=%D0%9C%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8%D0%BD&generalText=%D0%9C%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8%D0%BD&page=2
WOW! Thank you! Very rare indeed! Thank you thank you!
DeleteWhat a fantastic performance of the Bartok!!
ReplyDelete