Files Shared Here Are For Preview Purposes Only and Should Be Deleted Within 24 Hours of Download. Copyright of the materials belongs to the original artists and labels.
Whenever Possible You are Encouraged to Support The Artists and Buy Their Works.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Vivaldi. Le quattro stagioni - Mikhail Vaiman, Lev Shinder






Rec.1972
217.5 МБ, flac, cue (Noncompliant)
http://files.mail.ru/XPRX25

2 comments:

  1. I had an old vinyl recording of Mikhail Vaiman and Chamber Orchestra of Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra when I was a kid. What a great play of Mikhail Vaiman!!!

    It was the best and most adored one in my childhood, during my musical schools days, and it stayed number one for me!

    I remember listening to about 10-15-20 different versions at the time (eighties and nineties, not easy to find vinyls and cassettes of so many different versions back then) only to compare them to Vaiman's. :-)

    To this day Mikhail Vaiman stays my most beloved violinist when it comes to Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", and, now that I got some other Vaiman's recordings, he is among best I have ever heard.

    I remember how disappointed I was when I heard Huberman Festival in Israel in 1982 recording of "Four Seasons" with Stern, Zukerman, Perlman, and Mintz, Zubin Mehta cinducting, because those were my favourite musicians (well, all but Mintz whom I always found somewhat cold and boring).
    Also, about that time, Nigel Kennedy recorded his ultrafast version. D'oh! :-)
    ...And another guy, I don't remember his name, he was in a 2 cassettes compilation...

    Maybe the most interesting, perhaps because it was totally different then all the rest, was Trevor Pinnock (Conductor), The English Concert (Performer), Simon Standage (Performer). Totally and unbelievably different from everything I have heard.

    After having heard many versions, Mikhail Vaiman is still my one and only BEST. Simply perfect!
    How he starts and ends line, fade-in and fade-out, incredible play, incredible easiness, no fuss, no worries, no feelings in my gut he wouldn't make faster or harder parts (like many provoke when I listen to them).

    I totally recommend Mikhail Vaiman and Chamber Orchestra of Leningrad Philharmonic, with Lev Shinder as "художественный руководитель" (art director) and Chamber Orchestra of Leningrad Philharmonic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Could You please repost?! Thank You

    ReplyDelete